Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Do dogs go to Heaven??

This is a question that has been in my head since we  put our wonderfully loving dog Sairy to sleep on Tuesday.

I know it is probably a weird question to some.   I guess it depends on what you believe right?   I honestly feel that we make connections with our pets.  There is some bond that happens, especially when they are in a stressed state and we try to help them to feel better.   Stroking them, playing with them, feeding them, etc....all the little things.  I really do believe that some dogs like humans are more intelligent than others.   I feel as if my dog was very intuitive.   She was so obedient, so loving, and just  a sweet animal.     I miss her a lot!!

Okay so why am I rambling on and on???   Well Tuesday evening I was having some pain in my back and I took a pain pill....(don't take these too much anymore but really needed to get some pain free sleep).   In the middle of the night I woke up to roll over and I swear I heard her bark just one time.   Just outside our bedroom window.   *she would bark just once when she was ready to come inside after going potty, or if she got caught on her lead outside*.   Then yesterday after work I came home to pick up the kids for our family counseling meeting.  They were all outside waiting on me.   I had to run in to pee so I was in the house alone, and I thought I heard her whine just once.   *she would make this high pitch whine noise just once if she was feeling lonely or if she wanted to go out*.   I know I am not nuts....I heard it.   But, could it just be my mind playing tricks on me??    Could she be comforting me from beyond?    
Who knew I could get so attached to a dog.   As I type this, just thinking about her makes me teary eyed.  Maybe someday I will be able to have that connection with another dog.   Not to replace Sweet Sairy, but to have the wonderful connection I had with Sairy.    She was MY dog, I was chosen by her that rainy night.
I miss you Sairy, I loved you so much.   Go chase bunnies and run in the green grass in heaven.   :)

4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: