Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Could I be Pre-Diabetic??

Have been wondering why I have been feeling tired, blah and not being able to lose weight effectively.  Looked up the symptoms for Diabetes and I have a couple of the symptoms.   This scares me something awful.  My father died from Diabetic complications.  He lost his vision, and he had kidney transplants.    I didn’t know everything that was going on with him, but I do know that he often didn’t take care of himself and he died at a very early age.   Mid 40’s is way too early to die from a disease that if managed properly one can live for a very long time.   Now, I honestly don’t think I have Diabetes, but if I am going to see the doctor about this I want to go to his office armed with information.   J.R. was prediabetic and he has a meter that I can use to track my blood sugar results each day and I will document everything I eat and what time I eat it for at least a couple of weeks if not longer.   I am trying to modify my eating and mostly cutting back on breads, chips and sweets which seem to be my biggest downfall.  More veggies and leaner proteins.  All sweets will be sugar free/ fat free ones.   Also smaller portions and cutting back on alcohol consumption is going to help I am sure.   I have to lose weight.  I will not allow Diabetes to set in and take over my life.  I have seen too many diabetic family members not take care of themselves and having more and more health problems.   I don’t want those problems, I want to be around for the kids and J.R for a long time!!  




4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Corinthians 13:4-7

1 comment:

Sarah Lamourine said...

I am here for you Melissa! If you need me call or text! I need to work on loosing again too, i just need someone to help me keep on track! You can do it! Love you girl!