Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Old Habits

I have been on this new med "Wellbutrin" for a week and a half.   At first I really had no hunger but would eat because that is what I did.   Getting used to the feeling of not being hungry has been difficult for me.   But as I stepped on the scale today and being up 3 lbs....really was a wake up call.   YIKES!   Was all I could say, as I stood there on the scale first thing this morning with my mouth wide open!!!    I refuse to get one pound heavier. I vow from this day forward that I will be working as hard as I possibly can to get the weight off.  
I must listen to my body and only eat when I am hungry and not a second sooner.    I have asked J.R. to help me get a plan in place, and to stop me when I suggest ice cream or sweets in the evening.   I am not even hungry...here is where the title of this post comes into play.   Old habit of eating in the evening after supper, while watching TV!!     That habit is going to die a quick and painless death not a long drawn out one.  
Getting back in the habit of doing my PT exercises daily and even walking on the treadmill daily will be a hard habit to start, but I have to do it.   I must get into the habit of doing these things for ME!!    It will only be beneficial later in my life.  
As Garth Brooks sang,  "I'm much too young to feel this damn old"!!!

4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: