Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

The Holiday season is upon us!!

With Thanksgiving just a few days away, I have been reflecting on all the things that have happened so far this year.   So many things to be thankful for indeed.   Now that our life is finally getting to be OURS again, it is indeed something to celebrate.
The kids are growing and maturing.   In just one short month Shelby will be 18!!   I can't believe it.   I know I haven't been a perfect parent, but I hope that I have helped give her some tools that she can use and take with her when she does "launch" into a life on her own.    If not I guess she will learn the hard way as so many others have before her.  (Me included in some areas).
I look forward to our annual holiday party, (it's become a "tradition" in our house).   Never thought people would actually inquire about if we would be having it again.   :)   So excited that several people can't wait and tell us they wouldn't miss it!!    We have such wonderful friends and family!!!   I am Thankful for all of them as well as for our kids, our house, each other, what we have and dont' have....I am Thankful for it all.   We are happy, safe, comfortable, and humbled by the outpouring of love we get from those who love us.  


4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: