Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

DISLIKES!!

I hope the title didn't scare anyone away.   I guess you could be led to believe that this is a negative post.  Well...I guess it kind of is in a way, but with a twist.  I am considering it a learning experience.
So far I have lost 9 lbs....so I am feeling better internally, but am still working on my outward comfort zone.  Like how I dress and what I wear.
Tonight we have tickets to a wonderful dinner/ show near and dear to our hearts.  Just Us Girls, is a group of local women who sing and put on shows.  They are all the most wonderful people and one of them is very special to us.  She is Elizabeth's teachers helper, and she is friends and former neighbor of JR's and I just lover her.  She is so kind and friendly and just the sweetest woman ever.   So you must be asking yourself, where does the way you dress come into play Mel?    Thanks for asking.   Over the past year JR has bought me some beautiful outfits.  Some still have the tags on them because we don't get dressed up too often and I don't get that dressed up for church on Sunday.   Anyway....The past several months we have just been doing casual things, jeans a nice top...etc.....but JR is wearing a suit and tie tonight.   So there is no way I am showing up on his arm with jeans a nice top.   So I tried on everything I have in the closet, Thank God it all fits okay.   I had Shelby take pictures of each outfit and I posted them on Facebook for my friends to critique.  LOL    I know crazy right?    But, I value the opinions of my true friends and I don't think they would steer me wrong.  

So, you are probably wondering why I titled it, Dislikes...well because I dislike how my body looks, I dislike trying on clothes, I dislike that I don't feel as confident as I want to.   But, like I said I am learning to love myself again, I am learning to figure out what looks good on my particular body, and I am learning to realize that I am special, in the eyes of my friends, family, kids and JR loves me just the way I am.   That is the biggest LIKE I have.   :)

No comments: