Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Down 5 lbs just eating Vegan/GF :)

I completed the 7 day Vegan/GF challenge with what I count as 100% success.  Not only did I not use pre-packaged foods that were challenge safe, but I cooked and created several very tasty dishes that I would definitely make again.   I have really been slacking on blogging lately and I am kicking myself for that.  I know it could be very beneficial to me later on down the road as my journey to "health and weight loss" progresses.   


With packing up to move in the next few weeks there just always seems to be so much to do and not enough time, energy or boxes to get it done.   All the while still trying to keep up with regular tasks like the dreaded laundry and dishes that a family of 5 produces on a daily basis.   I swear our dirty clothes actually are pro-creating in the basement!!!   It's just nuts I tell you!  


My hope and goal is that once we are settled in to the new house and I can get things in more of a routine I plan to take a little time to just tap out a few lines in my blog.    Even just a couple of times a week would suffice for me at this point.   


My weight loss as of today is stalled.  I lost 10 lbs and that was it.  I am eating way too much despite making healthier choices.   Healthy is good but massive quantities negate the outcome I am in search of.   LOL


So new goals this week will be to drink smoothies for breakfast, or snacks and really be more diligent about writing down feelings before and after eating, both physical and emotional.   It seemed to help somewhat when I was doing the challenge and even though I am not "turning them in" to someone to read, perhaps just the act of doing it will help.   
Just had a quick thought that maybe my husband will take on a challenge and read them for me daily and maybe discussing things with him will help to change my point of view and keep me focused if I have to be that accountable.   :)    Can't hurt to ask...LOL 


Well, dinner must be cooked early this evening as we have "family counseling" in a couple of hours.  It's been a busy day.   We took Elizabeth to her new school today for a tour and to meet the principal.   It went well and she is even more excited about moving and changing schools now.   I just know it is going to be an extremely positive move from everyone's perspective. 



I Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. 5 It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments: