Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quick Vegan/GF pasta sauce

I really want pasta w/ tomato sauce.  You know the yummy kind with basil, garlic and onion.  Since I have some brown rice pasta which is Gluten Free!!   
So I checked my cupboards and came up with a couple of cans of diced tomatoes, some garlic, onion and I even bought some fresh basil this past week...BONUS!!








Ingredients:
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 med onion chopped
3 cloves garlic minced
approx 6 big leaves of fresh basil  (you can use dry as well just cook it a bit longer)
2 tbsp olive oil 


I started out with some olive oil in a skillet and cooked the chopped onions till softened, added the garlic and tomatoes and let it simmer covered for about 10 minutes.   Then I took a potato masher and mashed up the tomatoes.  Then I added some fresh chopped basil and mixed that all in and let it simmer uncovered on low for about 5-10 more minutes till it thickened up a bit.  And there you have it....Pasta sauce!!   Vegan and Gluten Free!!!  


Now to cook up the pasta and toss in the sauce....VOILA!!   Dinner is served!!   
This was AMAZING!!   :)  Will definitely do this again!!! 




I Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. 5 It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments: