Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

5 hours and 18 meals completed!!

Here is our freezer just a few hours in to cooking ahead.  I can't believe how smoothly this has gone so far.   So far the list is as follows


5 lbs of meatballs  (85 total) = 3 meals with 10 left to mix w/ sausages for hoagies.
2 gallon size bags of Vegetarian chili w/ red and black beans
2 chicken w/ stuffing casseroles
2 meals of Teriyaki pineapple chicken (made the marinade myself)
1 meal of Honey Dijon mustard white wine chicken breasts  (I made this marinade myself)
1 meal of Orange/Ginger/Garlic chicken breasts  (made this one up too)
2 meals of Chicken Broccoli Alfredo  
3 meals of pulled pork
Bean & Rotel mixture that I will mix with rice and have a Vegetarian meal or side dish. 
Basic spaghetti sauce made w/ tomatoes, onions, olive oil, garlic & basil. 




The last few things we are going to prepare is some ground beef that can be added to sauce, or used as taco meat for taco salads.  Also, breakfast burritos made w/ egg, mushroom, sausage, peppers, onions, hashbrowns & cheese.  They will be quick and easy breakfasts for the whole family as with any other family, we don't have a lot of time in the morning for much more than a bagel or cereal on the run.  


The thing I think I love the most about this whole process is....it has been fun.   Don't get me wrong it is quite an undertaking but, I am so fortunate to have my wonderful husband helping me by doing anything that needs to be done from shredding pork to washing up dishes.    


Chicken & Stuffing Casseroles 

Chop once and use for several dishes!!!

Making your own marinades!!!  

After making meatballs freeze a bit 
to firm them up before putting in baggies
to help them keep their shape!!

I will get the recipes up as soon as I can.  Now back to cooking.....break time is over.  





4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: