Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 is here!!!

It's a new year....time for resolutions....or NOT!!


I don't want to make resolutions this year, I just want to do things better than I have in the past.   I have run the list of past resolutions and where has it gotten me??   Well I am still overweight, and still in pain.   (guess what my resolution has been all these years?  LOL ) 


This year...my goal is Organization!!  Everything from optimizing the space in our house as our kids get bigger and the house seems smaller to planning and cooking ahead meals 1 month at a time.   
It sounded overwhelming to me at first until I started doing some research.  I have found sites that helped me to make a list of favorite meals my family enjoys, what kinds of meats we like and how complicated we want a meal to be.   I think once I get past the first shopping excursion and the first month of meals cooked and frozen it should hopefully get easier from there.   I like variety.   I get bored with the same old things week after week.  I was always envious of those people who ate the same things week after week...after all it was easy to stick to the same shopping list week after week.  Well that isn't me so I will obviously have more work to do, but I believe once I get in the hang of it...1 day a month will be spent shopping and 1 day cooking and then I don't have to think about it for 30 days!!   :)  *I love the thought of that*


Besides it will free up more time for me to spend with J.R. and the kids.  I will even have time to do the dreaded "E"!!   (Exercise)  I hate it but I know it is the only way I am going to be able to actually diminish pain in my back and to lose weight and get strong.  


I guess that is about it, I just wanted to say Happy New Year and I will be blogging about the Month of Meals shopping and prep when I start doing it.  
As of now I have lists on paper, ready to go.   It might be a week or two before I can actually get to the shopping and cooking.   After that watch out!!  LOL 



4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: