Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Winter break is over!!

Back to school after a holiday break is usually quite stressful.  But, I think we pulled it off this morning.   I didn't want to get up either but I did and the kids got up without argument and did what they had to do.  I was amazed!!   There was no fighting, whining or yelling.   Wish it could be like that every day!!   Perhaps the kids have made some resolutions for themselves this year that I don't know about.  
Nah...probably not.  LOL
One can dare to dream right???  

I always look at Winter break as the school year is about half over now.   In the past this is usually the time of year when the kids really grow emotionally and they tend to mature a little bit.   I think due to the fact that generally the first part of the school year is review and then the rest is more new learning.   I don't know really, I am just speculating at best.   I have noticed that since we got the Wii, there has been more teamwork between Ryan and Elizabeth.   I love that.   They are working hard at it, and I am glad that we stipulated that as one of the "rules and conditions" of being able to use the Wii.    The way I see it, if they can practice it at home and learn to do it here.  They can take those skills out into the world and really do wonderful things.  

Shelby is 18 now.......I know I shouldn't feel old as I normally don't, but alas I do.   I worry even more now than I did before.   Seems the worries grew the minute she turned 18.   I guess I should have expected that right?  


4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: