Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

The morning after cooking day...

I went to bed sore and achey, but awoke to a freezer full of meals!!   Even though our house still smells of  MEAT, I am pleased with our effort and our accomplishment.  

I think I have caught the "cook ahead" bug.  LOL    I plan to research some bread recipes we can freeze and perhaps come up with a plan to make ahead things like low cal/ low fat muffins, cookie dough, and even some regular bread dough recipes and we could bake a small loaf each day according to our needs.  It has to be cheaper than buying bread!!   Besides who doesn't like fresh baked bread??  ;-)

Today we are going to make a big batch of waffles and a big batch of pancakes to freeze.  The kids like to have pancakes and waffles sometimes for breakfast.  

I still have to make a slow cooker full of yogurt as well.   Hopefully Monday or Tuesday I will get that done.

Thanks for all those who have been reading the blog and I hope you come back and visit often to see what new stuff I am cooking up in our kitchen and in our lives.  :)  



4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: