Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Busy days

As the title implies...I have had a busy day. Not much sleep has invaded my body in the past 24 hours. Worked all night, home at 7:30am, drive kids to school by 8am, come home and check email quick, get in bed and finally fall asleep by aprox. 9:30am.......awakened by hubby at 10:30am to let me know I have to drive him to work.....Kids have 1/2 day of school today...it's the last day!! I tell him to take his first break at work at 1pm and come home and get me so I can get some more sleep. Fall back to sleep FINALLY at about 11:15am....sleep till 12:30pm...get up & take a shower, get dressed & make shopping list. Hubby arrives at 1:05pm and I drive him back to work then pick up the kids. Drop kids off at home, go to grocery store for weekly shopping. (of course I forgot a few things too...LOL) Bring home groceries and put them away. Surprised to find oldest daughter cleaning the house...with music blaring. Was a nice surprise actually....dusted, vaccuumed and dishes all washed and put away. Nice!! It is now 2:45pm, have to go pick up hubby again for him to come home for lunch break. No wonder why we go through so much gas just driving around this small town we live in. sheesh!!! 3pm I run back to the store to pick up the coffee creamer and a couple of other things I forgot the first trip. Oldest daughter goes off to babysit at 4:30pm, son goes to sleep over a friends house at 5:30pm (we skipped out on baseball tonight....mom is just too tired). 6:00pm youngest daughter and I eat supper together ...hot dogs and beans YUMMY!! So here I sit at 6:30pm typing in my blog, belly full of hot dogs and beans and iced green tea, with daughter (scraped elbow and all...poor baby) sitting in my bedroom watching 2 1/2 men on TV. Now....should I try to take a nap? Or should I try to stay up? This is the question of the day. I am tired but awake. I know that sounds strange but it is just how I feel right now. I have to work tonight 11pm-7am....and I just know if I don't get some sort of rest between now and then....I will be sooo tired by the time midnight rolls around I will struggle the rest of the night. I have tomorrow night and Saturday night off....I just wish I could take tonight off too. I really do need it. The stress I have been feeling is just crazy lately. But this I will have to explain on a later post.
Melissa Over and out!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, girlfriend! You sound like you need a break in the WORST way! I don't know how you do it, truly don't. Here's hoping that you can get caught up on some much needed rest Friday and Saturday.

I think it's awesome that your daughter was helping out around the house, even if the music was blaring. :)

Melissa said...

Thanks...she is a big help. I went out last night and had a great time...and I am going to a friends house to hang out tonight.