Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mohawk Chronicles



Woke with a tension headache today, had a rough day yesterday. Scott and I got into it after I took the kids to school. He is so stubborn...and I sometimes think he is wanting to pick a fight over something stupid. Yesterday it was because the night before I had told our son Ryan that I was going to cut his hair...it's getting hot out and we usually give him a buzz cut at the start of summer so it is easier for him to take care of and he doesn't get so hot. Well he is almost 9 now and has an opinion on how he wants to look. So...we settled on a mohawk. Now, mind you it is summertime, and he is 9 yrs old....it's fun to have funky hair when you are a kid. Well he liked it after I did it, and he even let his older sister Shelby put some gel in it and spike it up. The kids were in bed and asleep before Scott got home from work that night, so he didn't see his hair. I didn't mention it as I didn't think it was important and I was busy getting things ready for myself to leave for work.


Anyway....the next morning I come home from work and Ryan is pouting and putting on a hooded sweatshirt and pulling the hood up over his head. So I ask him..."What's wrong buddy?" He says....."I am covering up my head cause all the kids are going to laugh at me". Mind you he was fine with his hair the night before and was excited about showing it off. I told him that we didn't have time to shave the rest off now but if he still felt that way when he got home we could do that. I took him to school and came home, and right away Scott starts in on me..."Why did you cut his hair like that?" I explained how the night before went....and told him, "Relax, it's only hair for goodness sakes..." To which he replies...."only hair? Then cut your own damn hair into a mohawk, not MY sons hair". I was flabbergasted at his outburst over Hair!!! So that started the fight...which progressed into several other subjects some of which are him not taking care of himself.....(he refuses to go to the doctor even though he admits he is depressed). About the chores around the house and how I am left to do EVERYTHING around here and work a full time job when all he does is works full time. To which his answer was that he tried to do stuff but he doesn't do it the way I like it done so he doesn't bother anymore. This is BULL.....he doesn't help unless I ask him specifically to do something, and even that doesn't get done right away.....he procrastinates and I swear he knows if I ask him to do something and he sits around long enough....I will end up doing it cause I am just that way. He knows it....I have explained to him that if I ask for something to be done, it's because it should be done now,....not 3 days from now. I know..I know I am a control freak !! I can't help how I am, and I am really working on not being so OCD about the house being clean and stuff. You can ask my kids and my friends....I have come a long way with that. It isn't easy.


Okay so back to the mohawk chronicles....(which I have aptly named this post).LOL After Ryan came home from school I shaved off the rest of his hair....he wasn't too happy, but gosh darn it....Dad was happy. Glad I got pics of the mohawk before I cut it off...LOL Isn't he cute?? :)




No comments: