Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Questions & Wishes

Why does married life have to be so complicated?? If we love someone, why do we have to add drama to the mix? I have to admit that amongst all the "difficult" things I thought I have encountered in my 42 yrs of living...this has to be the hardest by far. I just don't get why two people can't love each other, respect each other, listen to each other, and communicate needs and be heard. Why does it have to be so damn complicated? Should be easier right? Well it just isn't.....Especially when only one person in the duo wants to talk, figure out problems, and do the work essentially. This is where I feel I am at right now......how did we get here? Why doesn't he talk to me? Why can't he let his feelings out and tell me exactly what to do or what he needs to be more happy? I can't be responsible for someone elses happiness right? But am I not part of what makes someone else "unhappy"? If this is the case then there has to be some sort of compromise right? When there is no compromising on things, I believe resentment occurs and if there is resentment then will the love be lost and destined to be doomed forever? Does being a faithful, honest and loving person not count for anything? When you feel as if you are walking on shards of glass (not just eggshells anymore), then what happens??? When do you give in and say "it's over?" Do I want it to be over? NO...I sure don't. Do I want to conform and become a robot essentially and do all I can to make the other person happy, risking my own happiness??? I can't do that...I would not ask another person to do that for me. I would not expect that from someone. Then why do I feel as if it is Expected of me?? I could be totally wrong though and perhaps it isn't expected but I don't know because communication has broken down.....I try to open it back up, to no avail. I feel alone, lonely, scared, and honestly just very sad about the whole situation. I buck up and make nice for my children....I refuse to fight in front of them....but not talking is just as bad I think. When you know someone else won't seek help or even participate in help....how do we fix it? I just don't know....I wish I had answers.....I wish I knew how to fix it.......I wish I could be happy again......I wish!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The only advice that I have is this:

Be true to your "self" and don't ever lose "you" while trying to hold things together and make someone else happy.

You've read my blogs, so you know I'm in NO way qualified to dispense advice in this area. However, I think what I have given for advice is pretty much true of any relationship with anyone.

It's hard to force someone to talk when they don't want to, but you are definitely right not to fight in front of your children.

It takes two to make a relationship work, and it takes two to fix whatever is broken. Your answer may lie there...

{{{HUGS}}}