Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Busy days!

I have been reading some blogs and some of my fellow bloggers are canning their harvests and I too long for my kitchen to be full of clean jars and some wonderful produce to can for winter. It's been a couple of years since I canned...I don't even have jars anymore. I moved out and got divorced and didn't take them with me. I basically only took essentials that the kids and I needed at the time.
I had so many jars, lids, seals, even pectin for jams. *Sigh* But I digress....maybe next year.

Today is Ryan's first football game! Very exciting for all of us. Also, "Rally Day", or "back to church Sunday" was today at our church. They have tons of great things planned all day. But we have to miss them as not only is this the first game, but they do team and individual pictures today as well and we have to be at the field 90 minutes early for that. So we have to miss the Swen and Dean concert!! :( Oh well another time I am sure.
The kids are getting into the swing of school, and I too am trying as hard as I possibly can to get studying done each day. There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day anymore. I guess if my back were a lot stronger yet, I would be able to do more each day. I do still have to spend time every couple of hours to lay down and rest my back for about 45 minutes and an hour. Which is a big improvement actually considering just two weeks ago I was spending the majority of my day and night laying in bed resting. So Praise God for quick healing and wonderfully talented neurosurgeons!!
The past couple of days have been warmer but still we haven't turned on the A/C again. Although I wish I had one just in our bedroom or even a window fan to pull in some cool outside air. I don't sleep the greatest without the air on. Weird huh?
Well...my head is racing and I have so many projects I want to start, from Halloween costumes, to getting some yarn so I can crochet some gifts for Christmas. I am not talented enough to make socks, mittens, gloves or even hats really...(although I can make one basic hat), I do make scarves and afghans which I enjoy immensely. I also have a huge desire to start quilting, but no longer have a sewing machine either anymore. Oh well...I can just dream for now!!

No comments: