Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Tattoos

I know many people who don't really like tattoos, but I am certainly not one of those people!! :)
So far I have 6 of them, and I just might add lucky number 7 tonight. I hope they can fit me in...I wasn't even actively looking to get one...and the past couple of times I wasn't really actively looking either. Each time it seems there has been a significant event in my life that makes me yearn for something permanent to remember, recall and put outward to the world that I either survived it or achieved it. Every one of the tattoos I have mean something special to me. I have designed a couple of them but a few I have picked out of books that I saw and liked.
To me the art of tattooing is very spiritual. I know it sounds tacky or cliche...but really to me there is a bond you make with the person you go with, be it friend or family member. You also tap into sometimes very strong emotions. I feel like it is a theraputic thing as well, since it helps you to feel those emotions etc...you can move through the levels of acceptance, denial etc...and help you to move ahead in your life and achieve things you have wanted.
Okay enough about the tattoos...keep your fingers crossed (and anything else you can cross) for me that I can get one tonight!!

2 comments:

eileen said...

one of the coolest things you can do is get a matching tattoo with a friend or loved one then the bond id even deeper...i'm already at 20 and i have 3 more lined up

Melissa said...

OMG Eileen I totally agree with you. When I first said that to JR, he kind of looked at me funny, but it is so true. It is an intimate thing to do, especially if it is with someone you love. Can't wait to see your blog..I know it is going to ROCK!