Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My thoughts on Country Music

So I have kind of gotten back into listening to more "country" music. Why do I ever stop listening? I mean really? Love the beat, love the message in most of the songs, and love how faith based so much of it is. Even these days where there is so much adversity in the world, so much hatred and violence. A lot of the songs are still "hopeful, heartfelt, and soulful".

The ability to actually understand the words is also a big plus!! I am unfortunately showing my age here and no longer live by the motto, "if it's too loud then you are too old"!! I like it loud...heck my hearing isn't what it used to be either. ;) hahaha!!

So in my opinion, and my opinion only.....I love country music, it makes me feel things that get numbed out by all the nasty in the world....I don't mean the, my wife left me, I drink day and night and my dog got run over by a car songs....I like things that are more spiritual and they make you think. Thinking about how good we have it, no matter how much we own or don't own, how expensive our clothes are or how many pair of shoes we own.
Nuff said :) Thanks for reading :)

No comments: