Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Changes part 2.....my health!!

I am afraid of dying....there I said it!!   


Lately there have been too many younger people dying, and I refuse to be one of them.  I have not been great at taking care of my health on a consistent basis.  I go through spurts of healthy eating and moderate exercise and I even lose a few pounds.   Only to get cocky and go back to eating the wrong things and then feeling worse than I did.   I can't keep doing this to myself.  Torturing myself with food.   So today I make a pact with myself.  Be conscious of what I am eating. 


1. Write down everything I eat or drink EVERYDAY!!  
2. Get off my ass and move more.  Whether it be treadmill, yoga, stretches, Eliptical , bike...
3. Decrease portions by at least half of what I have been eating.
4. Drink more WATER!!  (I used to be good at this part, but have really gotten complacent)
5. Eat more fruits and veggies for snacks and desserts.

6. Cut back on alcohol consumption to 1x a week.  (No more than 2 glasses of wine, or 2 mixed drinks or 2 beers.)
7. Reduce stress!!!! 
8. BLOG more!!!


I know I have been here before but the weight I was this morning was appalling.  293 lbs!!   I need to lose 100 lbs!!  I just have to do it....it must be done.  This is the end of the line!   I refuse to be 300+ lbs.   I am close enough to it and I don't like it!!  End of the line!!  This is my wake up call.  


I will post new recipes that I try, and I will still be doing the once a month cooking to make things much easier.  


So here goes.  I am going to put my meals and menus on here so I can just come back and edit at the end of the day and post it.  
I am praying hard that this is the last time I re-start!!!


Thanks for reading,  I appreciate comments, suggestions, any help at this point would be welcomed for sure!!



I Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. 5 It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments: