Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

OMG I think I am having a Heart Attack!!!

Those were words I never thought I would utter at the age of 45.   But utter them I did, just a few short days ago.  
It all started at the beginning of the week, I had what seemed to be muscle aches or soreness in the upper middle part of my back.   Nothing huge or crushing but enough to make me wonder,  "What did I do to pull something there?"    Well I chalked it up to all this weight and all the sitting at the computer I had been doing, poor posture etc.    I stretched and tried to  move more while on the computer.    It continued into the night and I was uncomfortable at night, laying down in bed.   I started to analyze and try to diagnose my symptoms....could I be having a heart attack?   I would lay in bed, and feeling my heart beat getting louder and louder.   Pounding throughout my entire body.   Which made me stress out more over it.  I didn't sleep well for a couple of nights.   I couldn't get comfortable....So finally I asked J.R., could I be having a heart attack??   He didn't think so as it had been going on for awhile and wasn't getting worse.   So, I tried to relax and I just started feeling worse, my heart rate was way up, all I could think of was that I didn't want to die!!!  
I had a kid home sick with me, and I was trying to remain calm for her and not let her worry.  So we drove over to the pharmacy/grocery store where my hubby J.R. works and picked up some juices and tissues etc....
I asked him what I should do, and he took my blood pressure and it was quite high for me.   140/89 with a pulse of 108!!!     I felt awful, wasn't dizzy and had no crushing pain, but still had the achey feeling in my back and even under my left breast.  
I picked up the kids from school and J.R. left work and picked me up and took me to the ER.  Where they rushed me into a room, and hooked me up to monitors and drew blood and did an EKG.    After a few hours there, I was feeling lots more calm, still having the ache under my left breast, but with all the blood work up and stuff coming back okay I was trying not to worry.  The diagnosis I was sent out with was "Sinus Tachycardia", big words for my heart rate was elevated over 100 due to stress of some kind.  
I was told to go home, relax and try to divert my attention and if I was still feeling bad to come back anytime I felt that way.  It is better to get it checked out and know for sure.  
So far I am feeling better, trying to stress less but not easily done.   I guess this is my A-Ha moment where I quit screwing around and really work on getting this weight off and getting healthier mind, body and soul.  



I Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. 5 It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments: