Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

I never thought about it......GLUTEN??

Since I last posted on my "silly little blog", as I fondly refer to it.   I have started to try to eat better, and lose some of this dreaded weight I have gained back.   It certainly gets harder and harder every flipping time I try to do it.   This has to be THE last time for sure!!

The week started off pretty motivated, I was gung ho about it all.   I had this bright idea that I would just weigh once  a week, eat smaller & healthier meals, ......... 2 out of 3 ain't bad right??   I haven't been on the scale and I have been eating more mindfully.   like how I phrased that??   Mindfully!!    
I have big issues with portions but I am working on that as well.  It's all a big mind game.   One I don't particularly like either.  
Let me go back just a bit to last weekend,   I decided to try making "whole wheat" pasta.   It turned out great, cooked it up, ate it...YUMM!!   But the after effects were miserable.   The gas, bloating and overall feeling of crapness was enough to make me look at something I hadn't ever thought of.    Looking back and analyzing it, I noticed a patter.   One that I just thought I was destined to live with or that everyone experienced after eating pasta.   That really FULL feeling, even if I just ate a little.   Then, despite the fullness I was still kind of hungry.   What is up with that???    So I poked around the internet some and did some research.   I think I might be Gluten Sensitive.    I discovered quite a bit of information the pertained to me and even to the kids and J.R.   Crazy to find out what has been done to Wheat to make it yield more...it's Bio Engineered to make us want more of it!!    It's nuts really!!   Now I know why there are so many people who are addicted to bread and pasta....it's the Franken Wheat  (as it was so aptly put in an article I read).  

So I have come to the conclusion that I think we should test my theory.   J.R. and the kids are on board for it, and I know the kids won't do it 100% and maybe even J.R. won't since sometimes he just has to grab things on the fly at work.   But that is okay.   Because the biggest meals and sources of the gluten are from things I have been making at home.   I have much more work to do in creating a meal plan etc....but at least I have something to target and go after.  
I will post some Gluten Free recipes and start an actual section on the blog for it as well, as soon as I get a chance to try some and get pics.  



I Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. 5 It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments: