Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Homemade pasta!!

I have been wanting to try to make homemade pasta, and since we got our awesome Kitchen Aid stand mixer. We purchased the Pasta attachments for it and I decided to try it today.   Just used the recipe from the book that comes with the attachments.   It was easy, pretty much just eggs, flour, salt and water. Couldn't be easier!! Kneading it by hand was a chore but I discovered that the machine will knead it for you if you run it through the thickest setting.  :)    How cool is that?  

So here is some pasta drying on the pasta drying rack!!  

Here is the finished batch of pasta.  I used the fettucine cutter attachment.  Can't wait to cook these and see how they come out.  Serving them with my slow cooker Chicken Caccitore.  


Also discovered that I can make this ahead and freeze it!!  Can't wait to do a Monthly cooking again!!  *won't be doing that till we move into our new house*  Which could be anywhere from 2-6 weeks from now.  
Will update later after I cook it and taste to let everyone know how it came out. :)


I Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. 5 It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments: