Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Slow Cooker Chicken Caccitore


I remember having this as a kid. My mom used to make it with chicken thighs...I don't much like dark meat anymore and wanted to cut out the fat so I used boneless skinless chicken breasts.


Chicken Caccitore in the slow cooker
3 Chicken breast halves cut up into chunks (I used boneless, skinless)
1 8 oz pkg mushrooms (sliced)
1 can diced tomatoes
2 -3 bell peppers sliced into strips ( I used 1 of each red, yellow & orange)
1 large onion roughly chopped
1/2 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp basil
4 garlic cloves
1 1/2 cups fat free/ low sodium chicken stock

place all ingredients in slow cooker and stir to mix, cook on low for 7 hours. To thicken sauce before serving use a little cornstarch dissolved in some chicken stock or cold water and add to crockpot, stir and let cook for a few minutes till thickened.
Serve over whole wheat pasta of your choice or egg noodles. I made homemade egg noodles to go with this dish...see pic below. :)







I Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. 5 It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments: