Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

You gotta have Faith!!

Life is too short...Be gracious, be loving, be kind, be forgiving and most of all don't forget God is in control.   Our time on this earth is up when HE says it is....wouldn't you rather spend each day Loving rather than Hating???

This was my FB status post this morning.
 
In light of an accident this weekend that took the lives of a local husband and wife ages 47 & 46 respectively.   I find myself pondering about life and just how short it is.   They were tragically taken away too soon in my eyes, leaving behind 4 God loving children.

Sure I get caught up in the day to day hustle and bustle of laundry, dishes, getting kids to and from school, cooking meals, etc.....All while knowing in my mind and heart that God is the one in control.   For me I seem to fall into this land of complacency where I don't want to think about the possibility of leaving this world before my children get to hit many more milestones, like graduating from high school, going on to college, getting married, and having babies.    I don't like to think about it.   I don't know if anyone really does actually.   Being a Christian I have peace in knowing that when I do leave this earth I will go to be with my Lord and Savior.  But still, I am selfish and don't want to miss out.  Accidents happen and so do illnesses for which we have no real control over.  I guess this is where my Faith gets tested and the control freak of a mom/wife/person has to "Let Go and Let God".   I feel as if some people have just "got it all together", they have their Faith and they "KNOW".    I feel like I have Faith and Know to some extent but somehow something in me feels like if I just did _______, or __________ that I can prevent such tragic events or pain from touching our lives.  

Why can't it be easier??  Why can't I unequivocally just "KNOW".   I think my answers lie in my FAITH, in the Bible and in Trusting God.   I seem to step off the path every now and then. Perhaps this is God's way of getting me to come off the side of the road and continue to walk ON the path, and IN his footsteps.  

I pray that God would guide me and grant me the grace to relinquish control over things I cannot control.  To guide me and lead me where it is He wants me to go.    Amen



4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant 5or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. I Corinthians 13:4-7

No comments: