Pages

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Up for a challenge????

I am so ready to feel better, live healthier, be able to move more with less pain and finally get rid of the extra weight I have been carrying around my entire adult life!!  


Today I took charge and joined a 1 week Vegan/ Gluten Free Challenge.  It is hosted by a Certified Holistic Health Counselor.   I am looking forward to seeing the meal plan for 1 week.   I want to do this for more than a week and actually wouldn't mind changing the way we eat to more of a Vegetarian way of eating.   Who knows I may even like Vegan so much I will stick with it.  I do know for sure that we do NOT need as much meat as we eat in this country.    Not saying I don't like meat...just that it really doesn't do us any good with all the antibiotics, hormones and bio-engineering they do on the grain they feed these animals.   
This is the perfect time for me to try this....I have an appointment with my doctor on Monday morning, I am going to have him to a full fasting lipid panel and check my blood glucose as well.   I want numbers to compare to.   I want to do this for a minimum of 8-12 weeks to see what kind of change I can make in my health and overall well being.   I know it has to be substantial....it just has to be.   My other goal is to blog/journal about how I am feeling, how things are going, what changes I see, feel or experience.   Who knows I just might win the challenge!!!  :)    


If you are feeling adventurous ....here is the link for the Challenge.  


Mindfully Healthy 1 week Vegan/GF challenge



I Corinthians 13:4-7 4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. 5 It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. 7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

No comments: